Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

We saw our peanut's heartbeat today :-) It was truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my whole life! We actually saw our baby (tiny but still there!) and I really have not felt like this has all been real until today. Words cannot explain the emotions that I was feeling today. I have pictured this moment for as long as I can remember and it was nothing what I pictured...it was way better! Having Michael, the man of my dreams, standing next to me with his baby growing inside me was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life. 

The sonogram technician was SO sweet! She told me that she had a really good feeling about our pregnancy last week (even though we couldn't see anything then) and she was genuinely happy for us! She gave me a picture of our sonogram and I have been showing our first baby picture off to everyone at school today!!! I have not told my kids and I don't think I will until the very end of school. However, it was really hard for me to not scream our news to anyone within earshot of me :-) Today is the day that I finally felt like I could breath again. I am finally able to start enjoying this pregnancy (I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm not going to live my life in fear).

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. i loved that feeling too...oh mary i'm just too happy for yall...and i can't wait to be aunt holly!

    ReplyDelete