Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wow!

So...Michael and I are PREGNANT! We are still in a state of shock but we are SO very excited. I have dreamed about this my entire life and I can't believe I am actually here. It feels good to finally say it out loud so everyone can hear it. I am extremely nervous about putting it out there so soon, but I can't live my life in fear right?!? So here's the story:

I noticed I was late on Saturday so when we got home from Nikki and Kevin's house, I took a pregnancy test. I looked at it right away (not a really good idea btw) and there was only one line, so I threw it away. I went about my night routine and I was about to go to bed when I thought, "maybe I should check it one more time." So I took it out of our trash can and sure enough...there were two lines! One was very dark and the second was really faint, but it was there. I showed it to Michael and we decided to not get our hopes up. I would take another one in the morning. Well...I didn't sleep at all that night. I was experiencing a lot of emotions. I finally fell asleep but I woke up at 3:00 am and I just couldn't take it any more. I took another test and there were two lines...one dark and one faint.

The next morning I called my mom in tears because I finally let myself feel everything! I was scared but happy, nervous but excited, and so many more all at the same time (very weird to feel so many emotions at one time). She said I should probably think about taking a digital test...just to be sure. Long story short, I did and it said "pregnant." This was the time when Michael knew it was for real and I will NEVER forget his face. It was priceless :-) 

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and they confirmed it! We are due on January 7, 2010. Our first sonogram is May 28th. I can't wait to hear our peanut's heartbeat! 

Thanks so much for your loving comments on facebook. We are looking forward to the journey ahead of us. I will keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment