Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

4 Weeks

Here are some pictures of Addison (4 weeks old)




I can't believe that Addi is already 4 weeks old. I know it's only been a month, but time has flown by! I guess time has gone so fast because I live my life in 3 hour periods...which makes the day seem shorter.

Addi is getting so much stronger every day! She can lift her head for about 30 seconds before she gets tired, which is awesome! She can follow objects from side to side. I have seen her smile while she is awake and looking at me twice now!!! I am going to assume that those smiles were for me! I think she knows my voice because when Michael is holding her and I talk she kind of turns her head to look at me. That makes me really happy. She still grunts ALL of the time, but I am starting to hear different sounds mixed in as well.

Addi has moved on from newborn to size 0-3. Her newborn clothes were too tight for her (and too short)! We also moved on to size 1 diapers today because I'm tired of the explosions that were happening. The size 1s are a little big, but she has plenty of room for everything in them! LOL.

I am so in love with Addison! I love to look at her, kiss her hands and her chubby cheeks, rub her head and her back, give her massages after her morning bath and before she goes to sleep, put her on my chest and watch her lift her head so she can look at me, and so much more! She is the most amazing little human I have ever laid my eyes on.

And speaking of eyes...hers confuse me. I have no idea what color they are going to be. It seems like her eyes are getting lighter...not darker. It would make sense for her to have brown eyes since Michael and I both have brown eyes. However, Michael has green in his genes and I have blue, so there is a slight chance that she could have lighter eyes. She has olive skin like me though...and it's strange for a person with darker skin to have lighter eyes. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

That's it for now. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment