Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pictures

Here are some pictures of my beautiful 2 1/2 week old baby girl :-)



This picture was taken right before our first family outing to the mall. It was a lot of fun until Michael forgot about the bags that were under the stroller and left them in the parking lot. Thank goodness that all I had bought was two pairs of pants (buy one, get one free) so it wasn't that big of a loss. He went back for the bags, but it turns out someone stole them! We went back the next day to buy my pants again! LOL...I love my husband!!

We are slowing finding a sense of normal living around our house again. Last night Addi woke up every 3 hours (when she has been sleeping for 4 hours every other night). She has been really fussy in the evenings...around 5 or 6, but I'm happy that she is pretty much sleeping at night. Some times it takes her longer to go back to sleep after a feeding, but for the most part we are REALLY lucky! She was never much of a night owl when I was pregnant with her...she never woke me up at night. However, she was crazy active around 7:30-8:30 pm. Funny how that works!

Michael goes back to work on Monday (yes he has been off since the beginning of the year and it has been wonderful!!!) I am nervous about him going back for a couple reasons; 1) I won't have the extra pair of hands any more, 2) No more grown up conversations with someone that is sitting right next to me, 3) I have gotten so used to having him with me all of the time and I have really enjoyed this time getting to know him as a daddy, 4) nighttime will be difficult because I am going to have to take over some feedings by myself so Michael can be rested for work, and 5) I will be in charge of this precious little person all by myself during the day. I'm sure that once I get a some what routine set for us it will be much easier, but as of now, I'm not looking forward to Monday. Maybe time will stand still between now and then.

Addi is sleeping peacefully in her swing and Michael is working on making some chili for dinner for his parents tonight. I'm going to use this time to get myself ready. Bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment