Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

5 Weeks

Here are some pictures of her from this week!




Hi!

My friend Megan is having her baby today (in Oregon, otherwise I would go visit her instead of writing this post!!) and thinking about her and Michael has got me thinking about Addi's birthday. No matter how horrible the whole process was (and it was extremely horrible), I got the most precious gift out of it! My daughter is absolutely amazing a beautiful and I couldn't ask for a more precious baby! After her birth, my hormones were not normal and I had a really hard time with the transition of having a baby. Overall, I was not myself at all. I missed out on some really precious time with Addi during that time and I wish with all of me that I could go back (the way that I am now) and relive the experience. I love spending time with Addi, I love looking at her, kissing her, holding her, watching her, nursing her (I have actually come to like doing it... especially since I have a manual pump now that I can use in the car on the way to a restaurant or place if we are out. I still don't want to nurse in public so this has helped a lot!) and so much more! I love just being with her and I miss her when she is sleeping for naps or for the night. I just wish so much that I didn't have to go through that transition period, dealing with hormone changes, becoming a mom, healing from the c-section, and deal with the trama from her delivery so I could have given her all of me from the beginning.

Enough of that! I am SO happy for Megan and Michael. I can't wait to see pictures of Grayson :-) I know he is going to be little, because Addi was when she was born too! But babies change so fast. Addi looks like a baby to me know, not a newborn any more. I know she is only a 5 and 1/2 weeks old, but she has changed so much from the first few days of her life. I hope Megan and Michael enjoy every minute of these first few days. Waking up every 3 hours to feed is not fun, but that's OK.

Speaking of sleep...Addi has been sleeping in her nursery since Monday and she has been doing great!!! The first night was not so good. We both had to get used to being away from each other and she needed to get used to her room, but Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night she has slept longer than ever before. I really think it's because she has been sleeping in her room and we don't wake her up if we cough, change positions, or go to the bathroom. I'm really glad that we did it!

Well...that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment