Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Update

Hi!

Last week Michael and I went to the doctor and I was not dilated at all. I also found out that my blood pressure was pretty high (140/90, which is very high for me!) and he gave me 4 options that we would discuss at the appointment this week:
1) Go into labor on my own this past week
2) Go into the hospital on Tuesday (tomorrow) to be induced if I was at all dilated
3) Go into the hospital on Monday (tonight) to be ripened and get induced on Tuesday morning
4) Schedule a c-section

Well, we just got back from the doctor and I am still not dilated! Addi is just not ready to join the world yet, which is OK because it is safe for both of us. My blood pressure was still high, 140/90, so Dr. Fliedner had me lay on my left side for 10 minutes before we checked it again. My blood pressure was 124/72...which is pretty normal for me. So...we decided to wait for one more week, but he told me this is her last chance to come out on her own. Next week we are either going to induce labor or schedule a c-section.

Her actual due date is January 8th, so hopeful she will come by then! We'll see what happens and I will keep you all updated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment