Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thoughts

Today we got a phone call from Michael's mom telling us that his Pa-paw went to the hospital last night due to heart failure. We went to see him today and he is alert and talking, which is a good sign! He is probably going to have to get a pace maker though pretty soon. I will keep you all up dated on his condition.

Today really got me thinking. It's really important to me (and for Michael) that Addi gets to meet at least one set of her great grandparents. Grandmother and Pa-paw have been like grandparents to me for the past couple of years and I got REALLY sad thinking about my own grandparents. I really only remember my mom's dad and I miss him a lot. That's why having Michael's grandparents have meant so much to me. I love listening to their stories about their lives and how they met, what life was like when they were first married and started their family. I wish SO much that I could have those conversations with my own grandparents. There are so many things that I wish I could have asked my grandpa...what my grandma was like, what it felt like watching my mom have and raise children, and any advice he could share with me.

It also made me feel very lucky to have my mom supporting me through this wonderful part in my life (even if she is in Florida). I can't even put into words how happy I am that my mom will be here for me. It must have been so hard for her to raise my brothers and me without being able to call her mom when she was frustrated, or scared, or just someone to say you are doing a great job. My mom is a very strong woman and I only hope to be half the mother that she was to me for Addi.

I think my hormones are on high today. Sorry for the depressing blog but I had to get it off my chest.

<3

3 comments:

  1. My sweet daughter, you have been a constant source of joy to me since the day your were born. You have grown into a beautiful, kind, caring, and loving young woman, and you will be an absolutely wonderful mother to your very own daughter. I wish with all my heart that ALL of your grandparents could be here to share this joy with you. They would all be as proud of you as I am... All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, that was a really sweet post. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I really do feel so lucky that ALL of Noah's great grandparents are still around and a part of his life! How incredibly lucky he is, and I hope he realizes that one day. The great thing is, your little girl has her grandparents to pass on those stories. I'm so excited for you, and I love the name! Especially the MIDDLE name... and her first name is the same as a founder of TCU! GO FROGS!

    ReplyDelete