Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

School

School started last Monday and I feel like I have been teaching for a month already. My kids are interesting this year... VERY different from last year. I really hate the first two weeks of school because there are no routines, the kids still act like they are in kindergarten, and we really don't get into the curriculum until next week. It is a borning/stressful part of the year. I can't wait until I have the station rotations set up and the kids can act and think for themselves. Hopefully that will be soon!

I have a student teacher (the same one from last semester) and she has been WONDERFUL! She takes over for me when my feet start hurting and I have to sit down. She has starting teaching math this week and she is doing a great job! She will begin teaching science next week and we will add on a subject until she is full teaching in my classroom. It's going to be really hard on me when she leaves though! It's amazing how quickly you get used to having the extra help in your room. It's like I have a full time aid :-) In good news though...she is going to be my long term sub when I'm out for 12 weeks with Addi. This is wonderful because she will already know my kids, the routines of the classroom, the school...pretty much everything there is to know! It takes a huge weight off my shoulders knowing that I won't have to train someone on everything before I leave. YAY!! And I know that when I come back my students will have learned a lot and will be ready to move on!

I can't wait until I can start to decorate Addi's room. I really want to start cleaning and getting it ready, but we don't have the furniture yet. My mom is coming in the end of October and we will buy all of it then. Only 72 more days until Christmas break/my last day of teaching for 3 months and then all I have to do is focus on her and Michael. I can't wait to be a mommy!!

Well...I have to finish getting ready for my girls night out (well...in actually). Bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment