Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update

We just had our screening done and it was AMAZING! We waited in the doctor's office for a little more than an hour before we got to see the doctor...but it was well worth the wait! We went into a room that had the ultrasound machine and I got really excited because I knew in just a few minutes, we would see our beautiful baby. As I laid there with my belly exposed waiting for the doctor, I knew everything would be OK. The doctor came in, put some jelly on my stomach, and rubbed the camera over me. I looked up at the screen and there Peanut was!!!! Clear as day. and he/she was moving like crazy. It was amazing. The doctor was trying to ask me about the medications I am on, but I couldn't really focus on what he was saying. We have not seen our baby since week 6 and Peanut was looked like a bubble. It is crazy that he/she looks like a real baby now...just 7 short weeks later. Michael and I were both in shock. I have not cried in a doctors appointment, until today. As soon as I saw Peanut moving I lost it. Michael looked like he had tears in his eyes too. It was an incredible experience. It is finally starting to feel real to me. We saw our baby, healthy as can be, moving and kicking like crazy.

I feel so much closer to Michael now. Like he said...being in that room and watching our baby felt like we were a family :-) I can't believe that I created a life with the most amazing man in the entire world. There is no one in this world that I would rather have a baby with than him. And I'm so glad that we are going through all of this together. It makes the entire experience that much better.

As far as the doctor...he said everything looks normal and healthy. I have to go back in a month for one for set of blood tests, but he said he doesn't expect the baby to have any problems. It won't matter anyway to us. No matter what happens...we are going to love our Peanut more than anything in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed the link to this site on your FB! I LOVE the pictures and the blog updates you've done :) Reading this post especially made me smile. I am anticipating the same kind of overwhelming joy that you described during this ultrasound. I also know what you're feeling when you talk about feeling closer to your husband. My relationship with my Michael has changed for the better... in an unexpected way. We can't wait to have our own little family. It's such a dramatic change trying to move from being the married kids in the family to the married couple in the family with kids. I love my husband in an entirely new and wonderful way... and I know he shares my feelings. I'm so happy that we're going through this at almost the same time (I'm elated that there is someone who is a few weeks ahead of me... that way I can get all the good advice!). Can't wait to keep reading the updates on Peanut and your little family! <3 Megan

    ReplyDelete