Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Update

Hi everyone!

Wow it has been a LONG time since our last post. It's not easy to find time any more! Michael took Addi to the grocery store so that gave me a few minutes of free time :-)

We just got back from a trip to Florida (without Michael because he had to work). The plane trips were hard just because now that Addi is moving, it's hard to keep her in one place for 3 hours. On top of that, there was only one of us to entertain her.

We had a great time with my parents! We went to the beach (Addi HATED the ocean because it was so loud and she hated the sand even more!). Addi had a blast in the pool with Grandpa and we had fun shopping with Grandma. It was a great visit and we miss them SO much! We can't wait until my mom comes back next month.

I love having this year off because that means that I can spend time with my mom every single month! It's wonderful. I also love spending every day with my beautiful baby! She has changed so much since she was born. I still can't believe that she is 9 months old. I really wish I could pause time and keep her this age forever. She is SO much fun! Don't get me wrong...I have always loved her and loved being with her, but I really love it now! She is so curious and into everything. I love watching her move with a purpose; if she wants something she goes after it. She knows if you are hiding something from her and she will get it from you. She throws fits if she can't have what she wants, she laughs with me when I laugh, she loves books and stuffed animals, and she likes to be with us. She smiles at everyone she sees and she loves attention. Everyone tells us that she is so beautiful and happy! She really is the best baby on the face of the planet!

We are still waiting on her first tooth. Every time she messes with her gums I think we will see a tooth soon, but I have been saying that since she was 4 months old. Everything goes in the mouth and she chews on everything she can! The doctor told us that she has been teething since she was 4 months old, but that was 5 months ago and we are still waiting. I think she will get 5 all at once because I know they are there. I wish they would just make an appearance already because I know those pesky little things bother her. I really hate it when she is in pain.

Well...Michael and Addi should be back any minute. Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You updated! We missed you at Homecoming! Noah didn't get his first tooth until 13 months, and he pretty much got them all within three months or so. Weird. So there's still hope that Addi HAS teeth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! I was going to go to the COE homecoming tailgate, but it was raining so hard here and we didn't want to make the trip all the way to Fort Worth. I was really sad...Oh well!

    I saw the fabric and plans for Noah's room...really cute!!! I can't wait to see the finished project! I would love to sew things for Addi, but I'm just not the talented!

    ReplyDelete