Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Frustration :-(

So let me say this first...I love being a mom (especially to Addi!). I love how my life means more now. I love that the reason I get up in the morning is for Addi (and Michael of course!). I love how when I look at her and smile, she smiles back at me. I also love how I usually know what she needs when she needs it.

On that note however, Addi has been crying a whole lot more than usual lately. I have given up breastfeeding (work is going to be too crazy and I really won't have time to pump...which would not work for me!) and Addi is now on formula. I really miss feeding her! It was a huge adjustment, but I think we have transitioned well. Addi is having some trouble with her BMs, but I'm not going to go into detail about that :-)

We have noticed though, that Addi has started to cry a whole lot more than she has ever before. This started about 2 weeks ago...today being the worst day yet! Nothing I did made her feel better. She was either crying because she was having a BM, she was over tired, hungry, or for unknown reasons. She took a lot out of me today! I feel bad for writing this, but I guess I just needed to rant for a minute. I thought babies were supposed to cry less when they turn 3 months, not cry more!

Did anyone else notice their babies crying more as they got older?

One more thing and then I'm done. Addi can't put herself to sleep (mostly during the day). I have tired to just let her cry for a minute or two, but I just can't let her go. She gets so frantic and I can't just sit there and listen to that. I love how all of the books tell you to put your baby down when she is drowsy but awake...well what if your baby doesn't want you to do that?!? How do you get your baby to do that? I have read A LOT of books about sleeping and NONE of them tell you what to do if your baby starts to scream when she is awake in her crib.

OK...I'm done. I am so lucky to have Addi as my baby girl. It is a little frustrating right now just because I want to make her better but I have no idea what is wrong. It kills me to see her cry like that and I get mad because I can't help her. Hopefully this is a phase and she will grow out of it soon... Until then...I'm still the luckiest mommy in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment