Addi's b-day countdown

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just because :-)

It has been a REALLY long time since my last post so I thought I would update. I love being pregnant. I love having Addi with me ALL of the time. I love feeling her kick/push me at school, especially when I'm really stressing about something because she reminds me of what is really important in life, which helps me relax. I LOVE knowing that I'm not alone and that everything I do is for a good reason. I also really like when she has hiccups. Addi gets them like I do. If I have them once, I will get them on and off all day. For some reason, I am the only person that can feel when she has them. They don't make my entire tummy jump, which I thought that they would. I know they are hiccups because they are repetitive.

I only have a few negatives, one being the REALLY crazy sharp pains that I get in my uterus/cervix (sorry for the TMI, but it's true!) They hurt REALLY badly!!!! Of course I asked my doctor and he said that they are completely normal and that they will probably get worse as time goes on...FANTASTIC. But, I will put up with them for our baby :-) I also don't like when my fingers swell. It's really not comfortable. I am also beginning to get more tired as I get bigger. Oh..and that's another thing. I don't like gaining weight!!!!!!!! I can't wait until I can workout hardcore again! I know this sounds like a lot of complaining, but I have to say that the positives really out weigh the negatives. Overall, I have had a wonderful pregnancy and I have enjoyed it.

On a different note, yesterday Michael asked Dr. Fliedner about his on call schedule and we found out that we can schedule an induction!!!! We want to schedule it for Jan 5, that way we can know that Dr. Fliedner will be the one to deliver her (if she doesn't come early that is). So hopefully Addi's birthday will be January 5th!!!

Well, that's pretty much it for now! Only 20 more teaching days left :-) I can't believe how fast time is flying.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow totally don't want to freak you out, but have you done much research on scheduling inductions? I know people do them all the time and they come out fine most of the time, blah de blah, but I just have to be THAT person and give you my unsolicited opinion. There's just a slightly higher risk of having to do an emergency C-section, and having other complications. I have a friend who had a bad experience and she advised me to let things happen naturally, etc., so I thought I'd do the same. I honestly wouldn't say anything except I love you and know I would want to hear the whole story if I were in your shoes (and I was!). I was so freaked about not having my doctor deliver Noah, which he didn't, but it turned out so well. The doctor who delivered him was AMAZING and really wonderful. Okay, that's all--off my soap box now and just delete this if you don't want to listen to me. I love reading your updates! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete